No child is average.
Learn about individual differences among children and how
to live with your child.
More than 40,000 parents have used the Preventive Ounce to
make parenting easier and to avoid unnecessary blame and guilt.
- “ I get it! My son likes to know ahead of time what's happening
next—just like I do.”
- “Now that I understand why my daughter had tantrums,
I can avoid many of them... and understanding why some tantrums are
inevitable, I’m more patient while they last.”
“ I used to think my child was wild. Now I know he needs
to exercise as much as a race horse does.”
- “ It’s hard to have a cautious child when I’m so adventuresome,
but it’s better to accept who he is than be angry at him.”
At the Preventive Ounce, you
in a temperament questionnaire and immediately
see a profile of your baby or child’s inborn traits.
- Then see specific behavior issues that are normal for your
- Finally, learn how to manage those behaviors in
ways that are tailored to your baby or child’s
Learn to work with inborn
rather than struggle against them.
Who should use this program? ALL
parents. Every child has a temperament, and every temperament
has different issues and risks.
$10, a 1-year family membership lets you:
- Fill out 4 temperament profiles on
4 different infants, toddlers, or preschoolers, or different
adults can complete profiles on the same baby/child.
- Have access to individualized parenting
strategies for 1 year.
This fee helps maintain and upgrade
this non-profit website. Thank you.