No child is average.
But most parenting advice is written for the average
This interactive web site helps you see more clearly your
child's temperament and find parenting tactics that work for your child.
program has been used by more than 20,000 parents in health
maintenance organizations in the Western United States.
Outcome studies show that parents like you who use this website avoid
the anxiety, frustration and guilt that comes when you can't
understand why your child acts "that way". You also avoid
escalations into behavioral problems, conflicts with spouses and
relatives, and unnecessary doctor visits.
The program helps you:
- Complete a short temperament questionnaire and see immediately an on-line a profile of your child's temperament.
- Learn general strategies for managing the highs or lows of your child's temperament.
- Discover what specific behavioral issues are normal for
your child's temperament.
- See when and how often these issues are likely to occur
in the next year.
- Get information tailored to your child's temperamentcfor managing each issue you are likely to encounter.
- See what other parents of similar children say works well, and what doesn't.
After many years of providing this site as a community service, we have recently instituted a nominal yearly charge of $10.00 so we can continue to bring this crucial preventive information to you and other parents. Once you subscribe, you will have access to all three programs for all your children, and you can revisit each child's profile as often as you wish.
Who should use this program? ALL parents. Each
child has a temperament, and every temperament has different issues
What age should my child be? The program serves:
Infant (for 4-11 months)
Toddler (for 1-3 years)
Preschooler (for 3-5 years)